Friday, June 06, 2008

The negativity trap

I don't want to play the "new age" BS, but there's certainly something demonic about thinking and communicating through the veil of negativity.

It might be catchy, I don't know, but it seems like it. It might be genetic, might be a "survival trait" that helps the cowards survive while the happy-go-lucky lemmings walk off the cliffs? Who can say?!

BUT whatever can be said, I'm sure there's a CHOICE involved. There's a choice in passively listening to our own inner pessimism as if it was reality, and there's a choice in passively listening to the same in others. There's got to be a way to recognize when a disease state is entered and turn up warning signs that perceptions can't be trusted for the moment, and problems can't be solved.

It's scary to me, to have unhappy people around me, making excuses why they are disliked or disrespected, neglected and abused. I'm caught up in it, however much I try to deny it.

People DO SUCK, sure, and there's nothing we can do about it but turn the other cheek and still keep trying to believe they're all struggling too, and forgive and forget.

Easy to "surrender" negativity. Who WANTS to be here? But still there's the climbing out that still must be done. That's at least an interesting problem, worthy of experimentation, worthy of a little freedom to explore, remember what we really want to do when impossibility is not standing in the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home