Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Reason to fear - Meth addiction

Just a quick THREAT to accept, nothing like the big stuff I usually worry about, but chemistry:
http://peety-passion.com/peetypassion/2007/05/01/world-most-dangerous-drug/ Meth video

My brother died a year ago, used many drugs including Meth, and I had to evict him in 2003 because of drug use and lack of trust. He told me before he died that he accepted my decision and said nothing else would have gotten through to him, gotten him into a treatment program.

Anyway, mainly I realize how much we NEED community. Sometimes law enforcement and professionals to handle things, but individuals and families will sometimes have to deal with dangerous people on drugs.

...Interesting that Meth was invented 100 years ago and used by soldiers in Japanese WW II! And used to give energy and work harder. YOU really have to imagine a future where NEW SLAVES will exist and be given drugs like Meth.

Overall, exploitation and drugs go together. Knowledge used by those in power can be abused in horrible ways. I believe the danger.

It could be for all my BIG fears, the small stuff is what really will create unnecessary tragedy and suffering. And those who are CLEAN must deal with this, must try to protect themselves AND try to help addicts who may be violent or dangerous.

Good or bad, I see danger is the primary "common ground" that gets people to work together.

Most of us can live our lives pretending we'll doing well and the world is full of wonder and opportunity, and sad when we are forced to admit how much suffering is close around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home