Politically incorrect thoughts
Just shameful thoughts, fully true on my feelings, but not politically correct.
Basically, I've NEVER given money to an AIDS fundraiser, and wonder about my lack of apparent compassion.
Overall I don't offer much support for any sort of medical research for diseases, although do support food for the poor, and those sorts of program.
But AIDS stands as a special case for me by-in-large. Although certainly there's MANY instances of AIDS being caught through blood (or from mother's blood), or from a faithless spouce, or other tragic causes, but MAINLY I see AIDS as a disease of lifestyle - sexual promiscuity and needle drug use.
In contrast diseases like cancer or MS I can say are more genetic, even if there's still environmental influences and lifestyle that influence them as well.
I'm a bit ashamed by my judgements against those with AIDS, but not enough to simply override feelings fully.
I don't know. Probably in part I'm ANGRY that I feel guilty when others suffer from their personal choices. Let those who MAKE the choices, FUND the treatments and CURES.
Perhaps the little Vengeful God within me is happy there are consequences to actions, and quite content to let the risk takers kill themselves and leave the world to the rest of us more sensible folk.
Ah, at least my conscience is good for something, to not stand that high and mighty. I'm of the fallen too, I know.
Basically, I've NEVER given money to an AIDS fundraiser, and wonder about my lack of apparent compassion.
Overall I don't offer much support for any sort of medical research for diseases, although do support food for the poor, and those sorts of program.
But AIDS stands as a special case for me by-in-large. Although certainly there's MANY instances of AIDS being caught through blood (or from mother's blood), or from a faithless spouce, or other tragic causes, but MAINLY I see AIDS as a disease of lifestyle - sexual promiscuity and needle drug use.
In contrast diseases like cancer or MS I can say are more genetic, even if there's still environmental influences and lifestyle that influence them as well.
I'm a bit ashamed by my judgements against those with AIDS, but not enough to simply override feelings fully.
I don't know. Probably in part I'm ANGRY that I feel guilty when others suffer from their personal choices. Let those who MAKE the choices, FUND the treatments and CURES.
Perhaps the little Vengeful God within me is happy there are consequences to actions, and quite content to let the risk takers kill themselves and leave the world to the rest of us more sensible folk.
Ah, at least my conscience is good for something, to not stand that high and mighty. I'm of the fallen too, I know.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home