Sunday, April 22, 2007

Cheap solar PV?

Technology to the rescue? Cheap solar photovoltaics for electricity?

It's tough to evaluate the potential for technology, tough to just sit back and hope things'll work out if we can wait long enough.

http://www.sciencefriday.com/pages/2007/Apr/hour1_042007.html Science Friday, April 20, 2007, One company, Nanosolar, says it has a way to make solar panels at a much lower cost than conventional methods.
http://www.nanosolar.com/
http://www.nanosolar.com/cache/CNNvideo.wmv

Solar doesn't solve all our problems, since we still need storage, but it is promising whatever we can replace fossil fuel sources of electricity.

I have an electric lawn mower, with a battery. Perhaps I can someday soon recharge it by electricity. Perhaps with more small batteries, I could power lights and my computer as well? And couldn't hurt to be able to power my furnace as well. And my refridgerator?!
www.neutonmower.com

So batteries are a problem, also linked above, but mainly my hope is that combining conservation, less energy usage, perhaps economic/environmental batteries can exist soon.

Yes, still a pessimist, but if I'm a good boy, use less, maybe? I can hold a little hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home